The Mütter Museum, a part of The College of Physicians of Philadelphia, houses some distinctively bizarre and esoteric items, almost all related to medical freak-outs. Their home page describes the Museum as "Disturbingly Informative."
That is exactly the kind of information I love! I mean, something very informative must have happened to this fucked up guy!
The website RoadsideAmerica.com has an informative overview of the museum's charms, which include
- Skeletons of a giant and a midget
- Broken bones
- Pott's Disease Skeletons
- Skull Collections, including the Muniz collection of trephinated (holes cut in them) Peruvian skulls
- "Brain Of A Murderer" - John Wilson hanged in Norristown, PA
- "Brains of epileptics"
- Longitudinal slices of the head, showing brain
- Brain of animals arranged from tiny frog to man, often with eyes attached
- Large collection of baby deformities. (!!!)
- Hearing apparatti of mammals in butterfly collection-like cases.
- Photo of Lyndon Johnson lifting his shirt to show off his gall bladder operation scar
- Wax Renderings of Eye Disease Problems (!!!)
Man, I really need to take a road trip to see this shit.